Artificial Continuum


Monday, February 8, 2010

~Opening~

Oh man, I am at a loss for words at this one. Even after the anime upon anime I watched today, I was able to stay focused on the sheer love I now have of Katanagatari.

~Story~
A sword fight story taking place in Edo era . Yasuri Shichika is the seventh head of the Kyotou school of Japanese sword martial arts and lives in Fushou Island with his sister Nanami. He inherited a style of swordsmanship in which the swordsman doesn't actually use a sword. With the order from a female samurai general Togame, he sets out for a trip to collect the twelve treasured swords created by a legendary swordsmith Shikizaki Kiki.

~Review~
Well this will probably be really biased cause I enjoyed it so much but here it goes: Katanagatari is a fun shonen action anime with an elegant yet simplistic art style. Honestly it is hard to explain everything. The story is good, but it it's far from original. The samurai searching for swords has been done before and it's not a new concept, but it works. I found that though it may be simplistic art, a lack of originality, and an easy to follow story; it works . If your looking for a story with violence, insanity, and really new ideas this isn't it.
Overall:

Art: 15
Story: 15
Originality: 10
Character Depth: 10

Overall: 70

Your probably asking where the extra 20 points came from. Well I decided that with anime, even if all things said out loud about it point to one thing, it can always surprise you. And it's based on my opinion anyway sooooooo . . . I really think this is the anime to watch if your just an old school anime fan or not a huge fan of the intense violence that seems to seperate popular fighting anime from shoujo nowadays.
:anongnangyari:
Lu~kun!

:wave:

0 comments:

Followers