Artificial Continuum


Thursday, October 8, 2009

This summer JJ Abram's Star Trek made waves throughout the film community making both financial and critical success. A sequel was announced later last summer, to no surprise from the public. The film has already begun the writing process with Robert Orci and Alex Kurtzman, and JJ Abrams has expressed interest in returning. However, one major component from the original film may not return, Leonard Nimoy. Nimoy, who played Spock in the original Star Trek series, reprised his role in the new film to help bridge two generations of fans and crews. His role, which was tied heavily to the films time travel driven plot, was a central part of the film. However, Nemoy doesn't feel that he will be needed in the new installment. Nimoy said the following in a recent interview:"My understanding is they're working on a script right now. I expect there's going to be some time before they really know exactly who they need and what they need. I frankly, frankly doubt that I will be called upon again. I think I was useful in his last film to help bridge between the original characters, the original actors, and the new cast. They have a wonderful new cast in place, and I'm sure they'll move ahead with them. I don't see, at the moment, why they would need me in the next film, although, if they called me, I'd be happy to have a conversation about it."

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Followers