Artificial Continuum


Tuesday, April 13, 2010



Thats right folks, theres a new Spider-man series planned for release. This time based on Brian Bendis's popular Ultimate Spider-man series, as reported by Worldscreen.com. Eric Rollman, chairman of Marvel Animation, says, " Ultimate Spider-Man will be a unique journey exploring our favorite web-slinger as he teams up with other fan favorite Marvel Super Heroes in never before seen stories with a new life filled with great challenges, new friends, intense action and character growth."

While this in its own is exciting news, it creates worry for a certain other show. The beloved and award winning Spectacular Spider-man has been in development limbo since the end of its second season. However, with the announcement of this new series, Spectacular Spider-man has now been confirmed dead.

This news brings a mix of emotions for me. While the idea of a new Spider-man series excites me, I am also rather upset. Spectacular Spider-man was an amazing series, and possibly my favorite version of the character currently in existance. I am also not a huge fan of the Ultimate series. While there are certainly some well written aspects of the story, there are others that bother me. Some of the character redesigns are unimaginative and bizarre. Others, especially the Green Goblin, are too far removed from their real characters. Also, I don't see purpose of the new series. The stories that Ultimate tells are very similar to Spectacular. However, it is still too early to jump to judgements, I will offer my opinions when the show finally does air.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Followers