Artificial Continuum


Sunday, June 13, 2010
Oh, hey alls. Didn't see you there. Also, didn't realize I was still a part of the team (Nick, I can't believe you kept me here)! However, we have more important things to discuss than silly ol' me and my not posting for months on end with no apparent reason. So let's get down to brass tacks, shall we?

Many of you may have heard of a new-ish movie coming out called Scott Pilgrim vs The World (Starring Michael Cera). If you haven't actually researched what this series is, however, then you are deprived of what is (In my opinion) one of the greatest comic series' ever. I'm no expert, but Scott Pilgrim and his Semi-Charmed Life took me by surprise when I read the comics themselves. The series is good. REALLY GOOD. So good, in fact, that it actually made me get off my lazy ass and do something about the fact that I am currently single (Go figure).

Enough about that! No more rambling, I promise.

Well, a trailer just came out for the video game adaptation of said series, and needless to say, I was all over that shit. The trailer is abnormally long, and probably doesn't need to be nearly 2 minutes, but hey, more gamemplay for us, right?


Sorry alls, apparently video posting for me is next to impossible. Check out the link above to see the footage of said awesome fighting game. The gameplay appears to be reminiscent of River City Ransom, with a tad bit of cartoonish antics thrown in for good measure. So far, there are two playable characters which include Scott himself, and the drummer for Scott's band, Kim Pines. It appears that both characters have the same basic movesets, but will most likely have different special moves to clear areas quickly.

The game progresses in a stage style, going from area to area to defeat the next evil boyfriend. This is speculation, but based upon the series, that's not all we'll be facing. If this were completely true, we're to expect around 7 stages (considering there's 7 evil ex-boyfriends of Ramona's you've gotta take down), but I'd say there's going to be QUITE a bit more than that. Stay tuned to find out. Who knows? Maybe E3 will give us a hint or two on this sleeper hit!

Until next time people,
~Alec

P.S.- For those of you who haven't read the series, it kicks copious amounts of ass. Go read it. Now.

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Followers